Saturday, November 24, 2012

GUEST LYNN CRAIN TODAY

Hello Lynn Crain. It's wonderful to have you do an interview for us and show us your books. Welcome to my blog. Make yourself at home.

How about we do a bit of an interview while you're here. I'll ask some questions. Ready? I know you want to  start by telling us what you are thankful for.



 

 

Hi Everyone!

 

Hope all of you in the US had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Living in Vienna, Austria, makes it hard to celebrate the holiday sometimes. Last year, we were lucky as we knew friends would be coming to celebrate with us. This year, before we even had a chance to decide what we were going to do, my husband discovered that he would be working. Kinda put a damper on things but we decided to celebrate the holiday with some of his collegues on Friday evening.

 

It gives me time to be thankful, even though I’m in a foreign country. I am thankful for my family and friends, who miss me as much as I miss them. I am thankful for all the readers who drop by to visit my various blogs. I am very thankful for other authors who are tolerant of my foibles as I try to be on time and get my stuff to them early. Alas, this time I did not...and I must apologize to Lorrie.

No problem, Lynn. Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're here.

 

Thanks, Lorrie, for allowing me to participate in your blog. I really appreciate it. To show my appreciation, I am answering every question you gave me.

 

When did you start writing? I started writing at a very young age. When I was twelve, I loved to write poetry and sold one that same year.

 

What genres do you like to write in? What genres don’t I write in would be a better question. I love all genres. The only one I know I won’t write in is mystery. I could never keep all the red herrings straight. I write sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal, contemporary, historical, tame to sizzling, and I even have a horror romance going that’s more about the science than the horror. All have some kind of relationship in them, some are very romantic and some are not.

 

Is there something unique about you that you’d like to share with the readers? I can’t really think of anything unique. I call myself oddlynn because one of my critique partners years ago told me I wrote the ‘odd stuff’ and it kind of stuck. I have in almost everything. I also like words with x in them even if I have to make them up. LOL!

 

Who is your favorite character in your stories? I don’t really have a favorite...I love them all equally...but if I had to pick it would probably be Logan MacKenzie. Why? His a hot Scot, just like my husband. LOL!

 

What do you find is the most difficult part of the writing process? Staying focused. I get bored easily. It’s why I have so many projects, I hop from thing to thing.

 

Who gives you the best encouragement to keep writing? My husband. He knows it is the only thing I’ve ever wanted to do. When we decided to move here for economic reasons, one of his personal reasons was that it would give me more time to write.

           

Do you have a critique group or a special author circle? A critique group that I’ve been with for a really long time.

 

Do you have any pet peeves? Only with my children. LOL! I’ve given up on them with my husband. There were all men in our family and we had days where I could hardly get a word in edgewise. And they say women talk a lot!

 

Where is your dream place to live and why? After living in Europe, I’m not sure I have a dream place to live. I’d always wanted to be here and now I am, I seem to think about home a lot. I love the ocean, so maybe I’d try an island somewhere. Then again, I love Montana. I might go there when I get home.

 

What is your favorite holiday and why? I love the fall and winter. So, starting from Halloween and ending at Valentine’s Day just about covers it.

 

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would purchase? Geez. That’s hard. I’m not sure I’d purchase anything as I think I’d pay off any bills I might have first. Once that was done, I would get me a bigger house with a pool, both here AND at home.

 

Who would you want stranded on a deserted island with you? My husband. He is my best friend and we’ve been together for a long time. And I’ve always told him if Hugh Jackman showed up, he might have to make himself scarce. LOL!
 
Nice, Lynn.  Here is Lynn's Bio for you new readers.

 

Lynn Crain has penned over 25 novels in  romance in the genres of science fiction, fantasy and contemporary romance, erotic to tame in nature. She always knew that writing was her calling even if it took years at other professions to prove it. She has belonged to EPIC and RWA for more years that she cares to think about. Currently, she lives in Europe while her husband of nearly 30 years pursues his dream of working internationally. Her state-side home is in Nevada where family and friends wait patiently for their return. You can find her hanging out at A Writer In Vienna Blog (www.awriterinvienna.blogspot.com) and various other places on the net (www.theloglineblog.blogspot.com; www.twitter.com/oddlynn3; www.lynncrain.blogspot.com ). Still, the thing she loves most of all is hearing from her readers at lynncrain@cox.net.

 

Check out Lynn’s latest work:

 

The Harvester

Her destiny lies in a distant galaxy when two Earth-bound Scots steal her heart...will love supersede the past she left behind?




 

Oasis in the Desert

Left in the desert to die, Mya must learn to believe in miracles so she can have a long, happy life with the man she loves.




 

A Lover for Rachel

Rachel Hamilton comes to Stonehenge to celebrate her birthday on Summer Solstice, only to find herself trapped beneath the massive rhyolite bluestones with sexy wizard, Dewin Kingston, who convinces her that she is the key to their escape.

 
 
 


 
They look like wonderful reads, Lynn. Thank you for sharing them with us.  Now, let's get comfy with a cup of tea and chat while your fans leave comments.                 
 And thank you so much for visiting my blog.




 

6 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you again, Lorrie for having me today. I really appreciate it!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I thank you for the visit. You're welcome back anytime. Your books look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bringing my tea to the party a bit late, but I wanted to get "in" on the fun. I enjoyed learning more about Lynn and to see her books that are available. I admire folks who can write in so many different genres. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorrie!

    Thanks for having me...I really do appreciate it!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime. Your post is interesting as are your excerpts. You must come back in the near future. You're always welcome.

      Delete
  5. Hi J.Q.,

    Glad you dropped by! Come and see me anything, I really do appreciate it!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete